PORT PERRY PICTURES
Pictures displayed in this section are from the collections of
Scugog Shores Musuem Archives and J. Peter Hvidsten.
Looking west along Queen Street, 1941.
Queen St. is snow lined in the 1945 picture, looking east towards the lake.
Murray Williams was the Mercury, Lincoln & Meteor dealer in Port Perry. His garage was llocated
on the southwest corner of Queen and John Stret, just wast of the United Church in 1945.
Port Perry railway station, 1940. Service to the station ceased on June 30, 1941.
The building was moved to the west side of Water St., and the rails were torn out.
Port Perry High School, looking north from Queen Street. The small building to the left is
the Farm Mechanic building associated to the high school.
The Port Perry High School male and female cadets line up for inspection in May 1940.
Toronto Elevators Ltd., purchased the Hogg & Lytle grain elevator in 1949 and
operated under the name Master Feeds.
Looking west along Queen Street, Port Perry during the winter of 1940-1941.
On left can be seen a portion of the canopy of the Williams garage, with the
United Church and Town Hall 1873 further along the street.
P.G. Morrison Drug Store and the Post Office, Queen St., Port Perry, 1942.
The Port Perry wharf and dockhouse, about 1945.
Birdseye Centre Cabin Park, 1945.