1860-1869
  1870-1879
  1880-1889
  1890-1899
  1900-1909
  1910-1919
  1920-1929
  1930-1939
  1940-1949
  1950-1959
  1960-1969
  1970-1979
  1980-1989
  1990-1999








Timeline: 1960-1969

January 1960
Beare Motors became the authorized dealer for Chevrolet and Oldsmobile in Port Perry.
Reach Twp. returned the entire council by acclamation: Howard MacMillan, reeve, Ed Oyler deputy reeve, councilors, Earl Martyn, Alan Crozier and Russell Rodd.
Port Perry acclaimed the entire council: J. J. Gibson, reeve, W.T. Harris, deputy-reeve, Arthur Cox, Irving Boyd and Robt. Kenny councillors.
The home of Mr. Herbert Buckland of Bigelow St. was destroyed by an early morning fire. Mr. Buckland escaped but was treated for shock and exposure at the hospital.
February 1960
Port Perry High School cheerleader Carol Fralick, 16 was injured when struck by a car after returning from a basketball game with Brock H.S.
Hilton Simpson, a 26 year employee of Beare Motors, was honoured by management and staff at the Flamingo Restaurant for his contribution to the community.
March 1960
John Orde of J. Orde Marine, was elected president of the Port Perry Chamber of Commerce., Dr. John Price, Peel's Poultry Farm, vice president; Jim Porter, CIBC mgr, 2nd vice-pres.; and Howard Hall secretary treasurer.
Ralph Honey was the Reserve Grand Champion Showman at the College Royal held in Guelph.
Jeanne Williams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Murray Williams won first place in the Lions Club public speaking contest for Zone 3.
April 1960
The new Municipal Building, constructed on the former Tease Knitting Mill, Perry St. has almost reached completion.
Vandals broke into both the Port Perry Public and High School causing damage in ten classrooms. Damage was $300 at the public school and about $150 at the public school.
Water reached depths of 20 to 30 inches over the causeway. Lorne Hunt of Scugog Island was driving his Volkswagon across the causeway to Port Perry, when he was pushed off the road by floating ice, driven by the wind. Mr. Hunt got out of his car and held onto a telephone pole for 25 minutes before being rescued by Robert Duff and Don Wallace.
Port Perry Juvenile 'C' team won the Ontario Championship.
The ice went out of Lake Scugog on Thursday, April 21, 1960.
May 1960
As a safety measure the sale of firecrackers in Port Perry was limited to one week preceeding the Victoria Day weekend.
Game Warden Ben Smith reported that thousands of dead fish were littering the beaches around Lake Scugog, believed to have been caused by the heavy layer of ice and snow which covered the lake for so long. Losses estimated are 1000 bass, 2000 muskellunge, 30,000 carp and 1000 perch. It's the worst winter kill since 1908.
Heavy and prolonged rainfalls caused flooding in the area. The Bowling Green was covered with more than a foot of water, roads were washed out, basements were flooded and the lake rose, flooding the causeway with 14 inches of water.
June 1960
Dr. M.B. Dymond announced tenders for the reconstruction of 7A highway from Port Perry to Caesarea would be called in August.
Port Perry Rod and Gun Club held a very successful Carp Derby with a total of 450 carp being caught during the two-day event.
Mr. Stuart MacFarlane of Seagrave was seriously injured when he was thrown off his tractor and the big wheel passed over him. He suffered from a crushed chest and many bruises and lacerations.
July 1960
Blackstock Fair officials announced they would add a Friday night program to the fair this year, featuring a program of Go-Kart racing.
August 1960
More than 40 residents and members of council met with Dept. of Highways engineers to discuss the 7A road and causeway construction.
Marie Taylor received the highest marks in the Province of Ontario in her pipe organ examinations and received the silver medal at the Royal Conservatory of Music.
The building owned by McDermott-Panabaker has just been renovated, adding large show windows facing Queen Street and an attractive Chapel opening on Perry Street.
Mr. and Mrs. James Doupe of Prince Albert announced the opening of their Carload Food Market, in which the post office is located.
September 1960
Registration at Port Perry Public School is at an all time high with 460 children registered, an increase of 25 from last year.
Richard "Chick" Carnegie will trying out for Junior A hockey when he reports to training camp in St. Catherines.
October 1960
Dr. A. C. Bathie was elected to his second term as president of the Ontario Chiropractic Association in Hamilton.
Port Perry Merchants Junior 'C' softball team defeated Capreol to bring home the All Ontario Championship.
The new municipal office held an Open House to show off the attractive modern building. It contains a court room, police department, town office and hydro office. Architect and builders are Mr. Ted Griffen and Lake Scugog Lumber. Total cost of the project was $30,047.07.
November 1960
The first Commencement Exercises were held in the new auditorium of Port Perry High School. Greetings came from principal Grant MacDonald and Central Ont. County District High School Board Chairman, Wm. T. Beare.
Work on the causeway is reported to be progressing rapidly, with the project about six weeks ahead of schedule due to the great weather this fall.
The Church of the Ascension, Port Perry conducted a Dedication Service for the opening of the new parish hall extension.
December 1960
Port Perry Council was returned to office by acclamation. Members are Reeve J.J. Gibson, Deputy Reeve W.T. Harris and councillors Robert Kenny, Arthur T. Cox and Irving Boyd.
Community Memorial Hospital chairman Mr. Charles Reesor reported the hospital has a staff of 45 persons, during 1960 patient care amount to over 6000 hospital days.
Edward (Sam) Oyler defeated T.H. Harding by almost 500 votes to become reeve of Reach Township. Morley Bruce, Allan Crosier and Larry Doble won council seats.

January 1961
Scugog Township held its inagural meeting with Reeve Anson Gerrow in the chair. Also sworn in were Clarence Carter, Victor Aldred, Cecil Fralick and Glen Hood.
Earl Jackson sold his barber shop, located next to the Red and White store on Queen St. to Karl Shulz of Kitchener.
The Port Perry Library decided to equip the lower floor of the building for young people, due to increase use of the library by children.
Anson Gerrow, reeve of Scugog Twp. was elected to the office of Warden of the County of Ontario for 1961.
Edgar Leask was honored with the Agricultural Service Diploma at the annual Port Perry, Reach and Scugog Agricultural Society.
The official opening of the $300,000 Port Perry High School addition took place on Jan. 20, 1961.
February 1961
Tenders were let for a $200,000 construction program to upgrade County Rd. 2 from Port Perry to Oshawa.
Don McIntosh, known around the area as "Mr. Port Perry" retired after nearly 51 years with the Bell Telephone Company.
Port Perry hospital installed an emergency standby unit to be used in the event of an electrical blackout. The unit is powered by propane gas and can provide power for several days.
March 1961
Heavy rains combined with ice cakes and debris caused flooding in town. At one point water rose to a depth of eight feet or more to overflow the road and made a cascade of water over the wall at the bowling green.
A new electrical time clock was installed at the arena at a cost of $1000.
Bell Telephone layed a cable across Lake Scugog to the Island by cutting a large slit in the ice and dropping the heavy cable to the bottom of the lake, eliminating telephone poles across the causeway.
The Port Perry Chamber of Commerce elected Dr. John Price president.
April 1961
Skip Roy Scott and his rink consisting of Ed. Kennedy, Alf Jackson and Frank Honey scored a rare eight-ender at the Port Perry Curling club on April Fool's Day.
Long-time Port Perry resident Merlin W. Letcher passed away in Daytona, Florida on April 19, 1961.
A contract for the reconstruction of Highway 12 from Greenbank north to Blackwater was awarded at a cost of $325,405 and is expected to get underway soon.
Ice was reported out of Lake Scugog on Thurs., April 20, one day earlier than last year.
Voters in Port Perry rejected the licencing of a Public Dining Lounge by 629 to 379. Seventy eight percent of eligible voters cast their ballot.
May 1961
A fire at the Utica General Store caused considerable damage. The store is owned by Lakey and MacGregor of Utica.
June 1961
Poplar Park opened a new picnic area and swimming pool.
Port Perry's first ordained United Church Minister, Rev. Jack Griffen preached the guest sermon.
July 1961
The Port Perry 5c to $1.00 Store has been taken over by Mr. E.J. Bowers and his son Jim Bowers, and will be operated under the name Mersco 5c to $1.00 store.
Miss Donna Johnson, a teacher at Port Perry Public School, was named Ontario County Dairy Princess.
The most modern X-Ray equipment available was installed and ready for use at Port Perry hospital.
August 1961
The Farm Credit Corporation opened an office in Port Perry in the Post Office building with Mr. D. Jones in charge.
A new restaurant called Conway Gardens has been opened at the west end of the causeway.
Dr. M. B. Dymond announced his intention to run for the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party.
A contract was let for the paving and widening of Hwy. 7A, widening Queen St. in front of the Masonic Hall and installing a culvert at the bowling green.
September 1961
Grant Gerrow sold out his interest in Gerrow Bakery to Mr. Wentworth Watson and the bakery has been renamed Wentworth Bakery.
The Province of Ontario introduced a three percent Retail Sales Tax effective Sept. 1.
Blacktock residents were introduced to dial telephone service on Sept. 17.
Dr. David D. Palmer, grandson of D.D. Palmer, founder of Chiropractic was a guest at a memorial service at the monument in Palmer Park to mark the 100th anniversary of his birthday.
October 1961
A committee consisting of Ken Jackson, chairman, Roy Cornish, Roger Oke and Howard Hall was formed to promote installation of flood lights for the Port Perry ball park.
Dr. Matthew B. Dymond lost his bid for leader of the P.C. party on the second ballot to John Robarts.
November 1961
Jack Hope opened his new IGA store on Queen St. across from the bowling green. It was formerly located just east of the Post Office. He purchased the business from Gordon McKee.
Port Perry telephone rates were increased from $3.70 to $3.90 per month for an individual line and $6.30 to $7.05 for business service.
Dr. M.B. Dymond retained his position as Minister of Health for Ontario.
In just two weeks, the baseball floodlight campaign has reached $3,299.
An early morning fire totally destroyed the North Nestleton Store and residence of Norman Mairs.
December 1961
Reach Township council and reeve was returned by acclamation. Scugog Township council and reeve was elected by acclamation.
Port Perry's Reeve J.J. Gibson and deputy reeve Robert Kenny were returned by acclamation. Elected to council were Bruce Beare, Arthur Cox and Irving Boyd.
Cartwright elected Al Gibson reeve, defeating Lawrence Malcolm by 397 to 281 votes. Deputy Reeve Merril VanCamp was acclaimed, and councillors elected were Wm. Ferguson, Ernie Swain, John Hamilton and Gordon Gettins.
Milton Fisher of Caesarea lost 42 head of cattle, equipment and his barn in a fire.

January 1962
A new 300,000 gallon water tank constructed on Silver St. will replace the old wood and concrete tank which has been an eyesore on Queen St. for some time.
Mr. Frank Honey lost four cows and a heifer when they went through the ice on the lake sometime during the night.
The H. W. Gossard Company has completed renovations to it's new plant, located in the old town hall, Port Perry.
A special 'Joe Fowler Night' was held as part of the local Minor Hockey Week celebrations to honor Joe for his 25 years of work with area youth.
February 1962
Ted Lamb elected president of the Ontario Junior Farmers
Emmerson Insurance moved out of their offices for the next five months while renovations are being carried out. They will operate out of the former Western Tire store across from Beare Motors until completed.
March 1962
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 419 members moved from their old building to the large new headquarters at Bay and Simcoe St.
Bob Carnegie received the Queen's University All Star trophy.
April 1962
The ice went out of Lake Scugog on Sunday, April 15, 1962.
The worst fire conditions in years kept the local fire departments busy. Six fires were reported on Good Friday, one burning 300 acres near Cedar Creek.
May 1962
The first fatal accident in Lake Scugog off Pine Point in 100 years occured when Bill Healey drowned while out fishing for mudcat with Ted Leahy of Scugog Island.
June 1962
President John Maw and James Norton of Legion Branch 419 offered the old Legion Hall behind the post office to the town for $1.00 plus legal fees and some free publicity.
The new Legion Hall located at the corner of Bay and Simcoe St. was officially opened on June 16, 1962. Clarence Nightingale, chairman of the building committtee and Padre Woolcock laid the corner stone.
July 1962
George Emmerson of the Chamber of Commerce announced that a house numbering project would be completed by the fall. Cost of the project was $1,000.
August 1962
The old water tower, a familiar landmark in Port Perry just off Queen St., was demolished.
Maple Leafs hockey All-Stars, Carl Brewer, Dave Keon, Eddie Shack, Frank Mahovlich, Bob Baun and more were in Port Perry for a ball game in the new ball park. Reeve J.J. Gibson officially opened the new lighted park and Ted Jackson was the M.C.
Port Perry High School enrolled 416 students for the new school year, being taught by 19 full time teachers.
October 1962
Local car dealers in business were: G.M. Williams Motors - Mercury; Bob Archer Motors - Pontiac-Buick-GMC; Sweetman's Service Station - Volkswagen; Beare Motors Limited - Chevrolet-Oldsmobile; Manchester Garage - Ford.
Councillors Bruce Beare and Irving Boyd helped the Chamber of Commerce by putting street number 181 on the Municipal Building.
November 1962
Mr. Fred Christie was named to the Cemetery Advisory Board of Ontario.
The late Robt. M. (Bob) Holtby of Port Perry was named to the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame.
Cartwright Council was elected by acclamation. Reeve Albert Gibson, Deputy Reeve Merrill VanCamp, councillors John R. Hamilton, William Ferguson and Ernest Swain. Members of the school board are Neil Malcolm and Walter Wright.
December 1962
Reeve J.J. Gibson was returned to office in Port Perry for his seventh term.
Earl Martin defeated Ed Oyler 546 to 418 votes to become Reeve of Reach Township.
Anson Gerrow was elected by acclamation as Reeve of Scugog Township. He said he would accept the office of Reeve until Cecil Fralick, who was seriously injured in an accident days before the nomination, is well again, at which time he would resign.

January 1963
Mr. Harry E. Phoenix was elected chairman of the Community Memorial Hospital Board. Vice-chairman is Mr. C.H. Reesor, secretary/treasurer, Mrs. Doris Watson.
Stuart Sweetman held an open house at his Water Street garage in celebration of his acquiring the authorized dealership for Chrysler products.
The inaugural meeting of the Scugog Township (Scugog Island) council was held with the oaths of office being taken by Reeve A. Gerrow and councillors Vic Aldred, C. Carter, Joseph Dowson and Chaunce B. Hoult.
Mr. Roy H. Cornish has been re-elected, unanimously, by acclamation, for a third consecutive term as the president of the Principals' Association for the County of Ontario.
February 1963
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens were the winners of the Central Ontario Novice Pairs Championship.
Delgates from Reach, Scugog and Port Perry elected Mr. Ted Jackson, president and Mr. Robert Archer secretary/treasurer of the local Liberal Association.
One of the oldest homes on Scugog Island was destroyed by an early morning fire. The home, originally built for Mr. John Foy, who in 1856 was the first township clerk, was owned by Mr. Richard Wilson.
Jesse Buxcey, 50, his son Don, 25 and daughter Patricia, 15, all took part in a 50 mile walk from Barrie to Toronto along highway 11.
April 1963
Mr. Chas. Williams was elected president of the Chamber of Commerce succeeding Dr. John Price. Also elected were Geo. Emmerson, 1st vice-president, Mrs. Beth Oke, 2nd vice-pres., and Howard Hall was appointed secretary/treasurer.
Lea-Anne Ballard obtained all 23 of her Brownie badges. This is the first time a Brownie in Port Pery has been successful in this accomplishment. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Ballard.
The Hon. Michael Starr, Minister of Labour in the Diefenbaker government was returned for his fifth term in Ontario Riding.
Laurie Mackie was crowned Miss C.H.S. at the Cinderella Ball during the school's Fifth Annual "At Home". Princesses were Patricia Adams and Sheila Tomchishin.
May 1963
More than 200 people crowded the lawn at Community Memorial Hospital on Sunday, May 12 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the hospital. On hand for the special occassion were Dr. M.B. Dymond, MPP; Hon. Michael Starr, M.P.; Rev. E.S. Linstead, Harry Phoenix, chairman of the board; Dr. John Diamond, chairman of the medical staff; Mr. Herbert Brooks, chairman of the first Hospital Board, Mrs. Jeanne Dymond of the Ladies Hospital Auxiliary and many others.
June 1963
In June 1963 the first Port Perry Ranger Company was enrolled at the Scout Hall. Members of the group were, Laurence Clark, Jean Taylor, Beverely Dymond, Eunice Roach and Barbara Burnett, with Mrs. W. Lamb as Ranger Captain.
Maurice Jeffrey had a close call with death when the truck he was driving exploded as he was passing a truck on 401 near Brockville. Maurice was blown clear of the cab and received first aid from a doctor before being taken to hospital.
Mr. Ted Griffen appeared before council, as a builder and a contractor, informing councillors that in his opinion 1,000 sq. ft. for a two-story house seemed somewhat extreme. A few weeks earlier council had passed a by-law increasing the minimum size of a single storey dwelling from 864 sq. ft. to 1000 sq. ft., and homes more than a one storey from 720 to 1000 sq. ft.
Dr. Beverly N. Smallman, a native of Port Perry who graduated from Queen's University in 1936, was appointed head of the Biology Department at Queen's University with his duties to begin in the fall of this year.
Dr. M.B. Dymond was re-elected by a large margin in the provincial election. He more than doubled the number of votes tallied by his nearest rival.
The population in Port Perry decreased by 13 in the last year, and now stands at 2,353 against 2,366 at the same time in 1962.
Mrs. Beth Oke of the Elizabeth Shoppe on Queen Street was elected president of the Port Perry Chamber of Commerce. She is the first lady president in the organizations history.
Mrs. M. B. Dymond was re-elected as president of the Port Perry Hospital Auxiliary for the 12th consecutive term. Other members of the executive are Mrs. Don Crozier, treasurer; Mrs. Roy Cornish, vice-president; Mrs. Storey Beare, 2nd vice-president; Mrs. B. Wanamaker, secretary.
Reeve, J. J. Gibson was returned by acclamation. Also returned for another term were John Orde as Deputy-Reeve and school board members Bill Williams, Merlin Dowson and Albert Cawker.
There was a very small turnout (25%) for the election of three councillors; Ivan Parkinson, Bruce Beare and Bob Kenny, all of whom were councillors in 1963.

January 1964
Port Perry's young skating stars Anna Forder and Richard Stephens placed second at the Central Ontario Sectional Championship.
Douglas Hogg of Port Perry was elected president of Ontario Riding Young Progressive Conservatives at the annual meeting.
Mrs. E.M. Dowson was elected president of Port Perry United Church Women.
Barbara Holtby was elected Queen and Margaret Craighead Princess at the annual "At Home" dance at the high school.
February 1964
130 sheep perished in a barn fire on Scugog Island. Neighbouring farmers and Port Perry firemen were able to rescue about 140 sheep before the barn fell in.
The Rodd Foster rink won the Adams Distillery Trophy and Lake Scugog Lumber Trophy. Members of the rink were Neil Malcolm, Jim Baird and Ivan Thompson.
March 1964
The new Port Perry Baptist Church at Queen and Rosa St. was opened on Sunday, March 1.
Beth Oke was re-elected president of the Port Perry Chamber of Commerce.
Ontario County Junior Farmers debating team won the Provincial Championships. Members of the team are: Marilyn Downey, Robt. Robertson, David Hawthorne and Frank Barkey.
April 1964
Early morning fire destroyed three barns on a farm belonging to George Davidson R.R. 2, Blackwater. Also lost in the fire were 450 pigs and l4 cows. Damage was estimated at $50,000.
The ice on Lake Scugog left in the early hours of Tuesday, April l4th.
Four Blackstock girls - Janice Byers, Joan Suggett, Nancy Staniland, and Lynda Kyte receive Gold Cords.
May 1964
Robert D. Carnegie received a scholarship of $700. under the Fitness and Amateur Sport Act.
Port Perry Council approves $600.00 subsidy to Brignall Ambulance Service.
Lynne Beare, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar S. Beare was presented with a Gold Cord at a ceremony held in Port Perry.
Crest Hardware's warehouse was completely destroyed by fire after youngsters played with firecrackers. Some damage was also done to the arena.
Herb Buckland, Port Perry was honoured by the Royal Philatelic Society in Edmonton when he was appointed a "Fellow" of the Society.
June 1964
The official opening of the new Oddfellows Hall of Warriner Lodge No. 75 and Maybelle Rebekah Lodge, No. 348 took place at its site just south of Port Perry.
Members of the Port Perry Branch of the Canadian Legion gathered to watch the burning of a $l0,500 mortgage now completely paid off.
July 1964
Twelve hundred members from 50 branches attended the annual Legion Drumhead Service held in Port Perry.
Garth A. Paton, son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Love, of Port Perry was awarded a $2,000 Fitness and Amateur Sport Scholarship.
August 1964
Army Worms caused considerable damage to oat and corn crops in the Port Perry Area. A helecopter had to be brought in to spray the fields and over l000 acres was sprayed at a cost of $4.00 per acre.
Edwin McCaig was top student of Port Perry High School when grade thirteen results were announced.
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens were declared Senior Pairs Champions during the Central Ontario Figure Skating competitions held in the East York Arena.
September 1964
Clerk-Treasurer John F. Raines received the Canadian Water Works Quarter Century Service Award.
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Cox win the Clarence Hobbs Trophy in Oshawa in competition with 54 Lawn Bowling pairs.
A Holstein from the farm of Gordon Ward was sold for $2,000. at an auction sale conducted by Ted Jackson.
October 1964
Ontario Premier John Robarts officially opened the new $1,300,000 Ontario County Court House.
The Port Perry population showed an increase of eight to reach an all time high of 2,361 in l964.
Windows were smashed, and paint smeared on windows and doors on schools and churches in Prince Albert and Prospect.
November 1964
Several fires in the area suspected of having been started by Halloween pranksters caused damage of several thousand dollars during the weekend.
Carol Morrow was chosen valedictorian at Port Perry High School Commencement Exercises.
Women's Hospital Auxiliary presented $l,000.00 for equipment to Port Perry Community Hospital.
Dr. M. B. Dymond officially opened Central School No. 3 in Epsom.
December 1964
Reeve J.J. Gibson re-elected for a two-year term by acclamation. Irving Boyd elected Deputy Reeve and councillors Ivan Parkinson, Robt. Kenny and Bruce Beare all were re-elected by a ballot.
Ed (Sam) Oyler elected reeve of Reach Township.
Peel's Poultry Farm expands business to Northern Ireland where they will build a breeder hatchery for overseas markets.
Ed Mulholland elected president of Port Perry Branch of The Royal Canadian Legion and Marg Jackson was re-elected president of the Legion Auxiliary.
General Motors and Union agreed to settle a two week old strike.

January 1965
Mrs. Lucille Gray, first lady councillor in Reach Township was inaugurated along with the other members of Reach Council, Sam Oyler, Reeve; Larry Doble and Chet Geer, councillors.
Mr. Ian Bowie appointed pastor of Port Perry Baptist Church.
Port Perry Council was inaugurated, with a new member, Irving Boyd, elected deputy-reeve in the December election.
Cartwright Council was inaugurated; Merrill Van Camp, Reeve; John R. Hamilton, Deputy Reeve; William R. Ferguson, Ernest R. Swain and Gordon Gettins, councillors.
J.J. Gibson, Reeve of Port Perry was elected Warden of Ontario County on the first ballot. He was the 116th Warden to be elected in Ontario County and the first in the new Court House.
A cottage on Scugog Island, owned by Mr. Henry Thomas, but occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Jack Edgar, was totally destroyed by fire.
Susan Roach, Manchester was chosen High School Queen and Gail Forder, Princess at the annual "At Home" held at the Port Perry High School.
Ontario County Junior Farmers Choir under the leadership of Mrs. Grace Hastings won top honours in competion at the Annual Junior Farmers Conference.
February 1965
An official announcement was made that a vocational addition to the Port Perry High School is to be built. When it is completed, the school should be able to accomodate 1,100 students.
Port Perry, Reach and Scugog Agricultural Society re-elect entire executive for another year. Frank Honey, president; Clarence Carter 1st vice president; Clare Vernon, 2nd vice president; and Fred Lamb, secretary.
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens place third in the Canadian Junior Pair Championship in Calgary.
Charles Brignall hoists Canada's new red Maple Leaf flag to the top of the Post Office on Monday February 15th.
Handicraft Guild named after Mrs. Louise Patterson.
March 1965
Port Perry Public School raises new Canadian flag. Ceremony was attended by the school's 512 pupils.
Yvonne Christie elected president of Ontario Riding Young Progressive Conservative Association.
Prominent business man I.R. Bentley who operated a jewellery store in Port Perry since l916 passes in Community Memorial Hospital.
Denna and Donna Ballard, twin daughters of Mr. and Mrs. John Ballard were presented with their last Brownie badges, bringing the total to 23 for both of them.
April 1965
Deputy Sherrif Morley Bain was appointed new Sherrif of Ontario County. The announcement was made by Ontario Health Minister M.B. Dymond.
John Maw, past president of Port Perry Legion was elected Deputy Zone Commander of Zone Fl.
A Port Perry rink skipped by Rodd Foster won the Crest Hardware trophy at the Curling Rink. Other members of the rink were Roy Cornish, vice-skip, Neil Malcolm, second and Bill Cornish, lead.
Grant McDermott, elected president of the Port Perry Chamber of Commerce for 1965.
Ronald A. Peel, a pioneer in the Poultry industry and a long-time Port Perry resident passes in Oshawa General Hospital.
May 1965
Debbie Garvey was presented with her 23rd Brownie Badge.
The l965 executive of the Port Perry Lions Club was installed. The members elected were Gordon Goode, president, Gord Thomas, first vice president; Bob Kenny second vice president; Joe Draper, Keith Sweetman, Bill Sharpe, Don Carnegie, directors; Cecil King, treasurer; Jim Porter, secretary, Stan Mumford, bulletin editor; Bill Harrison and Arnold Roach, tail twisters; Storey Beare, past president.
George W. Pentland of Oshawa purchases the Jewellery Store formerly owned by Mr. I. R. Bentley.
The Port Perry Chamber of Commerce held Testimonial Dinner in Honour of J.J. Gibson, Warden of Ontario County.
Sheila Tomchishin was elected "Queen" at Cartwright High School's "At Home". Denise Malcolm and Linda Gray were chosen Princesses.
June 1965
General Motors presented the following Port Perry employees with 25-year-rings: Lloyd Wallace, Arthur Cox, Orr Jeffrey, Bruce Snelgrove, Roger Oke, Grant Willard and Tom Bell.
Mrs. Ronald Peel presented Mr. Milton E. Heayn with a watch on behalf of Peel's Poultry Farm who has been an employee of the firm for 25 years.
Mrs. W.S. MacFarlane was presented with an I.O.D.E. Life Membership.
July 1965
Donna Barkey, R.R.3, Claremont was chosen County Dairy Princess at the Oshawa Shopping Centre.
Mrs. Grace Taylor was presented with gifts on the occasion of her retirement from Reach Central School No. l (Prince Albert). She had been a teacher for 36 years.
August 1965
Port Perry Council decides that an additional well is to be drilled in Port Perry due to increased demand for water.
Adrianne den Boer topped Grade l3 students at the Port Perry High School.
Rosemary Nodwell, accompanied by her father, Mr. Robert Nodwell, returned from Scotland after participating in various Highland Games.
September 1965
Three thousand people attended Blackstock Centennial Fair presided over by Miss Dominion of Canada, Miss Carol Ann Tidy.
Mrs. E. Hook, superintendent of Community Memorial Hospital, Mrs. Louise Elsner, Mrs. Douglas Mackey, Mrs. Wentworth Watson, and Mrs. Jack Gray were presented with l0-year service pins by Harry Phoenix, chairman of the Hospital Board.
Public Schools hit all-time high enrollments. Six hundred ninety-one pupils will attend Reach Township Schools and 527 at Port Perry Public School.
Over 8000, record attendance at the l965 Port Perry Fair enjoyed sunny and warm weather on Labour Day.
George R. Davey, an employee for over 40 years with the Port Perry Star, passed away in hospital.
Over 500 students enrolled at Port Perry High School.
Joel Aldred nominated P.C. Candidate in Algoma East.
October 1965
Rev. R.C. Rose conducted his first service at the Anglican Church of Ascension.
The construction of an addition to the Port Perry Arena and a heating plant to service the enlarged area was approved as a Centennial project.
Dr. D.J. Price elected president of Peel's Poultry Farm Limited.
The home of Mr. Rodney Chandler, R.R. 3, Port Perry was gutted by fire.
Bill Harper elected president of Port Perry Minor Softball Association.
November 1965
Marie Taylor was recipient of Gold Medal for highest marks in A.R.C.T. Pipe organ of the Royal conservatory examinations for l965.
For the seventh time in l3 years, Michael Starr captures Ontario Riding for the P.C. Party.
Linda Stone was Valedictorian at High School commencement exercises.
Council decides to hire third police officer starting January l966.
Port Perry gained l4l people during l965 and the population is 2,502.
December 1965
Michael Starr reappointed as P.C. House leader.
Larry Doble, deputy-reeve; Mrs. Lucille Gray, Chester Geer and Allan Bertrand, councillors were all acclaimed.
Two women, Mrs. June Crozier and Mrs. Grace Love were elected to Scugog Township council for l966. Victor Aldred was acclaimed reeve. Other members elected were Raymond Fralick and Joseph Dowson.
Mrs. Helen Redman a newcomer to the School Board topped the vote in the election. The other members elected were Robert Cawker, Donald Ashbridge, Anton Krieg, and Allan Carter.

January 1966
Three New Year babies were born in Port Perry Community Hospital, and all within seven hours.
The home of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Bonnell, Prince Albert was totally destroyed by fire.
Mrs. V. Skerratt accepts the honourary position of Chief Marching Mother for Port Perry during March of Dimes Campaign.
February 1966
Dr. D.C. Christie, local veterinarian, has within a short period detected rabid animals in both Reach and Scugog Townships.
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens captured the Canadian Jr. Mixed Championship.
It was decided that 97 pupils from three schools in Scugog Township will join with the pupils of the Port Perry Public School.
March 1966
Three hundred chickens perished in fire on the farm of Mr. Hugh Strong, Reach Township.
One hundred thirty five new telephones were installed in Port Perry in l965.
Port Perry Intermediates won the Lakeshore Intermediate "C" Championship by defeating Little Britain with a score of 9-2 in the last of four games.
Reverend R.C. Rose was formally introduced as incumbent of the combined Anglican Parishes of Port Perry and Cartwright.
The new addition to the Port Perry High School will cost $2.5 million.
April 1966
One hundred twenty five residents from Port Perry and area took part in a search for 11-year-old Ricky Hall who was missing from his home for six hours before he was found.
Lake Scugog ice "went out" on April 6th.
Ontario County Council recommends a $400,000 grant to the Port Perry Community Memorial Hospital.
Ed Mulholland, president of Branch 419, Royal Canadian Legion, Port Perry accompanied by his wife Dorothy attend the National Convention in Montreal.
May 1966
"The Bulldozers" Port Perry Intermediate "C" team, became the first Port Perry team to capture an Ontario Championship.
William Harrison, editor of the Port Perry Star elected president of the Chamber of Commerce.
June 1966
The Port Perry School Board name the local Public School "R. H. Cornish Public School" in honour of the principal, Roy H. Cornish on his retirement after 34 years of service in this position.
One hundred fifty persons attended "Meet the Champs" Banquet held in honour of Anna Forder and Richard Stephens and the Ontario Intermediate "C" Champions in the Legion Hall.
The first "hole in one" at Sunny Brae Golf Course was recorded, when Ken Moore drove a ball off the tee on the l50 yards 6th hole.
Two hundred friends and relatives pay tribute to Roy H. Cornish at a banquet held in his honour.
July 1966
Dean Beare, son of Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Beare, a grade 8 student at the R.H. Cornish Public School received a certificate for perfect attendance at the school for nine years. He never missed or was late during all those years.
Joe Baker, Blackwater was the winner of a slogan contest sponsored by the Community Memorial Hospital. His slogan was "For Better Health, Share your Wealth."
Joel Aldred, a well known T.V. personality and a native of Port Perry accepts the position of chairman for a Fund Raising Campaign for the local hospital.
August 1966
Ten-year-old Shelley Olsen, Prince Albert and Jane Den Boer, R.R.2, Port Perry are winners in the Elmer Summer Safety Contest.
September 1966
Over l,200 students were enrolled in Port Perry Schools when the doors opened for another year.
William S. Bradford takes over duties as principal of the R.H. Cornish Public School following the retirement of the school's namesake.
Public School enrollment in Reach was 732, an all-time high.
Dan C. Madsen, Barrie becomes the new proprietor of the local I.G.A. store.
October 1966
Port Perry population increased by 123 to an all-time high of 2,625.
November 1966
Children from the R.H. Cornish Public School and the Prince Albert Public School collected $267.27 for UNICEF.
Triplet calves were born on the farm of Mr. and Mrs. George Irwin, north of Greenbank.
Valedictorians at Port Perry High School were Barbara Holtby and Dianna Mairs.
Port Perry Legion makes a pledge of $5,000. to the Community Memorial Hospital Building Fund.
Port Perry Minor Hockey Association presents $500.00 cheque to the Arena Board.
December 1966
J. J. Gibson and Bruce Beare given acclamations for Reeve and Deputy-Reeve. Councillors elected were Robert Kenny, Philip Orde, Irving Boyd.
Joseph Dowson was elected the first Deputy-Reeve in Scugog Township, and Victor Aldred was acclaimed Reeve. Also re-elected to council were Mrs. June Crozier and Mrs. Grace Love. The third councillor elected was Glen Demara.
Twenty persons attended the first public meeting in regard to the proposed sewerage system for Port Perry.

January 1967
Port Perry's Centennial baby arrived on Jan. 2, weighing 6 lbs, 7 oz. A son of Mr. and Mrs. Neil K. Berry of Cresswell, Ont.
Peel's Poultry Farm Limited, opens new hatchery, one of the most modern in Canada.
Gail Forder was chosen Queen of Port Perry High School.
February 1967
Local residents turned out in hundreds to welcome Port Perry skating stars, Anna Forder and Richard Stephens on their return from the Canadian Senior Skating Championships where they placed third. Also welcomed was David Porter, who won third place in the Canadian Novice Dance Championship with partner Janet D'Altroy.
The Building Fund Committee announces that contributions, and pledges to the new hospital have exceeded $l00,000.
Rev. H.M. Buntain of St. John Presbyterian Church leaves Port Perry for new appointment.
March 1967
One of the heaviest snow storms in many years closed schools in Reach Township.
Past president of Port Perry Lions Club, Storey Beare was elected Zone chairman of District A3, Zone 10S at a zone meeting in Oshawa.
Community Memorial Hospital shows small profit in report given at annual meeting.
April 1967
Only 97 persons gave blood at the Red Cross Blood Donor Clinic held at the Oddfellows Hall.
With a majority of one vote, residents of Scugog Township approved sale of liquor under a dining room licence for the consumption with meals on licenced premises.
May 1967
The Hon. M.B. Dymond, M.P.P. won the Progressive Conservative nomination.
Mrs. Eleanor Woods was elected President of Port Perry Chamber of Commerce.
The grandstand at the Fair Grounds was completely destroyed by fire, and the cause was suspected to be play with firecrackers.
Mrs. Ruth Franssen elected president of the Port Perry Figure Skating Club.
June 1967
Fred DeNure Bus Lines Limited, can look back on 25 years of public transportation in this area.
Centennial Committee complete plans for full week of activities including parade, sports, fireworks display and outdoor Centennial Church Service.
The Port Perry Star switches to a different printing method, popularly known as "Offset".
Don Bronson of Port Perry shoots a "hole in one" at Sunny Brae Golf Course.
July 1967
Debbie Griffen was chosen Centennial Queen during celebrations July l.
Two hundred and four children register for swimming classes at Poplar Park.
Construction begins on the new road between Manchester and the Oshawa Road.
August 1967
Induction Service held in the Presbyterian Church for Rev. Wm. Black.
Lake Scugog Regatta Association held their 35th annual regatta at Caesarea. Judy Marks was chosen Queen.
September 1967
Emmerson Insurance Agency Limited celebrates 50 years of business in Port Perry.
Port Perry Fair sees another record crowd on Labour Day, September 4th. The grandstand which had been destroyed in May by fire was completely rebuilt in concrete.
Sod turning ceremony was held at Burns Presbyterian Church in Ashburn.
Cost of phase one of the planned Port Perry Sewage Works is estimated to run into $804,600.
Mr. R. Roy appointed By-Law Enforcement Officer for Port Perry.
October 1967
Port Perry's young ball players won the Ontario Pee-Wee "B" title by defeating Smithville 6-5.
A 400 lb. Hereford steer was shot by rustlers on the farm of Raymond Kerry, Seagrave.
A barn on Bigelow Street was completely destroyed by fire at 4 o'clock in the morning.
Former Lt. Gov. John Keiler Mackay and Mrs. Mackay were patrons of the Centennial Ball held by Hospital Ladies Auxiliary. Four hundred fifty persons attended raising $1,100.00 for the hospital.
November 1967
Construction was started of a new plant for Flamingo Pastries Limited. The plant will employ 75 to l00 persons when completed.
Plans are underway to establish a school for retarded children of this area.
Four Port Perry Rangers, Karen Murray, Joanne Jackson, Mary Nelson and Jan Baird staged a "Walkathon" from Port Perry to Uxbridge return collecting $225.00 for the Hospital Building Fund.
December 1967
Mrs. Kathleen M. Hook resigns as administrator of the hospital after l5 years of service.
All members of Scugog Township were returned in the December election. Reeve Victor Aldred and Deputy-reeve Joe Dowson by acclamation and the councillors Mrs. June Crozier, Glen Demara, and Mrs. Grace Love by election.
Reeve Merrill Van Camp was defeated by S. Lawrence Malcolm in a two-way election. Councillors elected were Vernon Asselstine, Gordon Gettins and Osmond Wright.
Port Perry Star publisher Per Hvidsten receives "Century of Service" award presented by the Hon. M.B. Dymond on behalf of Premier John P. Roberts.
One thousand persons attended the official opening of the addition to Port Perry High School.

January 1968
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens placed second in the Canadian Figure Skating Championship, senior pairs held in Vancouver.
Mrs. Retta Hardy retires after 20 years of service as caretaker for Scugog Township Municipal Hall. She was presented with a gift by Reeve Victor Aldred on the occasion.
February 1968
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens left for Grenoble, France to represent Canada in pair figure skating in Olympic competitions.
Mr. Ben A. Bohan, is the new administrator at Community Memorial Hospital.
Lynne MacGregor was chosen Queen of the annual "At Home" at Port Perry High School.
A calf with two heads was born on Mr. Les Beacock's farm, R.R. 4, Port Perry.
Nineteen cattle perished in a barn fire on the farm of Mr. Donald Taylor, near Saintfield.
Reach Township resident, former reeve of the Township and Warden of Ontario County, Grant Christie was awarded the Centennial Medal.
Mr. Arnold Roach was elected first chairman of Scugog Retarded Children's Education Authority.
March 1968
Heather Dorrell, grade nine student of Blackstock High School won the Junior Secondary Speaking Contest, sponsored by Port Perry Legion.
The last old school house in Reach Township, the "Yellow School" was sold for $7,900.
Mrs. Elizabeth Fowler beame the first permanent teacher at Central Seven Association for Mentally Retarded school which opened on March 25.
Firemen from Port Perry and Uxbridge fought a blaze destroying the living quarters of the owners of San-Man Motel, Mr. and Mrs. H. Santer. A large portion of the motel itself was also badly damaged.
April 1968
Joanne Shaw of Port Perry was presented with a wrist watch by Oshawa Independent Order of Odd Fellows for attempting to revive William Manuel following a heart attack on Sunny Brae Golf Course.
Carol Wotten, of Cartwright High School was chosen Queen at the school's "At Home".
The memorial stone was laid at a special ceremony of Burns Presbyterian Church in Ashburn. The former church was destroyed by fire February 12th, l967.
Storey Beare, Zone Chairman of the Lions Club was elected Deputy-District Governor in Cobourg.
May 1968
Well over l50 persons attended the Port Perry Lions Club 30th Anniversary celebration at Club Annrene.
Denis Symes and Bruce Smith, members of 1st Scugog Scout Group received Queen's badges at Manchester United Church
Miss Margaret Stewart, a registered nurse who devoted her life to the nursing profession received the Centennial Medal.
Norman Cafik, liberal member, won Ontario Riding in the Federal election. In second place was P.C. candidate Clark Muirhead.
Mrs. Eunice Hunter and Mr. S. Cawker, long time teachers at R.H. Cornish Public School school were presented with gifts on their retirement.
July 1968
President and founder of the Handicraft Guild, Mrs. Louise Patterson was honoured at a farewell party. Mrs. Patterson is now making her home in Truro, Nova Scotia.
August 1968
Sharon Sweetman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ross Sweetman was runner-up in a beauty contest held by Zone Fl, Royal Canadian Legion in Whitby.
Mrs. F. Crosier, correspondent for 40 years, celebrated her 80th birthday.
Barn and contents of Mr. D.J. Taylor, Scugog Island were completely destroyed by fire. Twenty head of cattle in the barn were saved.
The first annual Chamber of Commerce Carnival was attended by hundreds and judged a success.
Miss Pat Hunter, R.R.2, Seagrave was chosen to represent Ontario County in the Competion for Dairy Queen at the C.N.E.
September 1968
Eight hundred fourteen students were registered at the Port Perry High School, the highest in the school's history. R.H. Cornish Public School began the year with 699 pupils..
Population of Port Perry increased by 91 in l968, and brought the population to an all-time high of 2,746.
Vin Walker was elected chairman of the new Arena Board.
October 1968
Dr. M.B. Dymond, Ontario Minister of Health received a honourary degree at Queen's University, Kingston.
Bob Archer Motors, the local Pontiac Buick dealership, was sold to John Majcher of Whitby.
November 1968
Dr. M.B. Dymond officially opens the new bakery plant of Flamingo Pastries Limited. In a short period of two years, making butter tarts expanded from a staff of two, the proprietor Ken Jackson and his wife Marj. to a staff of 80.
Miss Lynne MacGregor was valedictorian at the annual High School Commencement in Port Perry.
A local teenage group known as "R Place" presented $250.00 each to the Hospital Building Fund and the Central Seven Association for the Mentally Retarded.
December 1968
Robert Kenny was elected reeve of Port Perry. He defeated J.J. Gibson, who headed the council for over a decade.
Mr. Cecil Fralick was elected reeve of Scugog Township.
Bill Williams and Ted Griffen were elected to Port Perry Hydro Electric Commission, following the resignation of Arthur Cox and Ted Jackson.

January 1969
The first baby to arrive at the Community Memorial Hospital in l969 was a little boy, son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Freeman, R.R. 3, Port Perry. He arrived January 2nd and weighed in at 7 lbs. 5 oz.
After 35 years of service on the Port Perry Fire Department, chief Guy Raines resigned. He served 20 years in the top position.
Deputy-Chief Harvey Mahaffy was elected to the position of chief of Port Perry Fire Department following the resignation of Guy Raines. Jack Cook was appointed Deputy-Chief and Charles Lown and Mervin DeNure, captains.
Ed (Sam) Oyler, reeve of Reach Township was elected Warden of Ontario County for l969.
Anna Forder and Richard Stephens win the Canadian Senior Pairs Figure Skating Championship in Toronto.
Port Perry I.G.A. proprietor, Dan Madsen purchases the I.G.A. Store in Stouffville.
February 1969
Dr. M. B. Dymond was guest speaker at a Testimonial Dinner to honor J. J. Gibson, reeve of Port Perry; Hydro Electric Commissioners Ted Jackson and Art Cox; Irving Boyd, former deputy-reeve; Fire Chief Guy Raines; and Harry DeShane, Don Carnegie, Bev Kent and William Gibson, all with years of service on the local fire department.
Port Perry High School students hold a Winter Carnival. Nancy Dowson was chosen Snow Queen.
Dr. Austin C. Bathie was elected president of Oshawa Shrine Club.
Ted Griffin was elected as president of Port Perry Chamber of Commerce. He follows Mrs. E. Wood who served a two year term.
Melody Wilson was chosen Queen at the annual "At Home". Donna Ballard was chosen Princess.
March 1969
Sharon Baird, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Baird received top swimming honours in a class of 25 at Western University, London, Ontario.
Bell adds l58 new telephones in Port Perry during l968.
Three arrests were made following a break-in and theft of $2,000. worth of televisions at Ted Jackson's Appliances.
Ted Jackson and Norman Aldred attended a World War I pilots banquet in Toronto.
April 1969
Debbie Griffen and Nancy Warren win first place in vocal duets at Peterborough Kiwanis Festival. Teacher and accompanist was Mrs. Grace Hastings.
Graham Powell of Port Perry was named the outstanding male athlete at York University.
Fifteen hundred Port Perry and area residents attend "Open House" at the new Community Memorial Hospital.
May 1969
A baby girl was the first arrival at the new Community Memorial Hospital on Sunday, April 27th. Parents are Mr. and Mrs. Wesley St. John.
Linda Mountjoy was chosen Queen at the annual "At Home" held at Blackstock. Lorrie Turner was chosen first princess and Dianne Taylor, second.
William Brock was elected president of the Historical Society.
June 1969
Port Perry, Reach and Scugog Twps. agreed to jointly purchase a new fire tank truck.
More than 30 canoes took part in the first "Canoe the Nonquon". Winners were Greg Howard and Glen Fallis, Millbrook, Ontario.
Storey Beare, Governor of District A-3 and his wife Doris left for Tokyo, Japan to attend Lions International Convention there.
Marie Taylor, local musician and teacher was appointed to the Royal Conservatory of Music.
July 1969
Due to increased sales, Flamingo Pastries opened a new plant in Dutton, located in western Ontario, for the baking of their famous butter tarts.
Assistant Clerk-treasurer John Doble commences duties at the Port Perry Municipal Office.
The Tennis Club was formed in Port Perry under the guidance of Mrs. Georgia Brendon.
August 1969
Dr. M. B. Dymond handed in his resignation as Minister of Health for the Province of Ontario. He held positions in the cabinet for l3 years, ten of them as Minister of Health.
Rev. V. M. Parsons inducted as minister of Blackstock United Church following the retirement of Rev. P. Romeril.
John Scott was elected first president of Port Perry Tennis Club.
Elaine Prout was chosen Regatta Queen at the 37th annual Lake Scugog Regatta at Caesarea.
September 1969
Ted Jackson, local auctioneer opened Port Perry Fair to a crowd of 7,500 on a hot and humid day.
Rev. W. Mark Reeves was inducted as minister of Port Perry United Church. He succeeded Rev. Alec Rice who was given a charge in Toronto.
Enrollment at Port Perry High School was 825 at the start of school.
Population of Port Perry increased by 81 and reached an all time high of 2,827.
A Recreation Committee for Port Perry was approved by the Depart. of Education. Members are Kenneth F. Jackson, P. W. Orde, Larry Burt, Mary Nelson, Vin Walker, Carl Luke, and Mrs. John Diamond.
Philip Pocock, Co-Adjutor Archbishop of Toronto conducted the blessing of the new Catholic Church in Port Perry.
October 1969
A cottage occupied by Mr. and Mrs. G. Hulcoop at Goreski's on Scugog Island was destroyed by fire.
The Historical Society and UCW of Head Church agreed that the Church built in l860 should be the site of a proposed museum.
Ladies Hospital Auxiliary opened a Tuck Shop in the new hospital.
The l5,000 sq. ft. breeder house of Peel's Poultry Farm Limited was totally destroyed by a morning fire.
The Historical Society announced $2,100 was raised by "Canoe the Nonquon".
G. H. Proctor becomes manager of the local Royal Bank following the transfer of Mr. A. G. Pacey.
November 1969
A great deal of damage was caused during Halloween when an estimated 300 to 400 persons mingled on Queen Street. Windows were broken in four stores, police cruisers were smeared with paint, the bill board in front of the Post Office was completely destroyed. Firemen dispersed the crowd with a couple of powerful water hoses.
Brian Donnelly was Valedictorian at Port Perry High School Commencement.
Mr. A. M. Lawrence, proprietor of Lawrence Pharmacy retires and sells his business to Gordon F. Parkin, Oshawa.
Dianne Taylor is Valedictorian at Cartwright High School.
Stewart Sweetman of Sweetman Motors Limited sold his business to Mr. Lorne Scanlon of Toronto.
December 1969
Dr. M. B. Dymond, MPP, laid the cornerstone of the new Community Memorial Hospital the same day patient l,000 was admitted. The hospital has been in operation for seven months.
Mrs. Maude Crosier has resigned after 21 years as welfare administrator in Reach Township.
Epsom school children take part in a film production made by the Educational Television Branch of Ontario Department of Education.

Return to the Top | Return to Timelines Index


 





MERCHANTS OF OLD PORT PERRY
By: Paul Arculus



UXBRIDGE: THE
GOOD OLD DAYS

By: J. Peter Hvidsten



OUT OF THE ASHES
A Century of Progress
By: J. Peter Hvidsten